The Requirements Authority (RA) is responsible for identifying and managing the NATO E&T requirements associated with the C- IED discipline. The RA is considered an operational authority in the discipline and represents the interests of the end users.
The RA responsibilities are:
- Leading the identification of the individual and collective NATO E&T requirements for the discipline, by compiling, defining and prioritizing these requirements within the range of the available political-military guidance.
- Providing input concerning changes to NATO concepts, doctrine, policy and procedures and informing the DH accordingly.
- Supporting the alignment of the individual NATO E&T requirements with the collective part of the NATO Education and Training Spectrum.
- De-conflicting E&T requirements with other RAs where overlap or requirements influence each other.
- Supporting the Global Programming Development Methodology and the production of the STP and TRA.
- Supporting the ADC.
- Annually reviewing NATO E&T requirements, based on Lessons Identified, operational experience and the analysis of emerging threats.